Decorating a room in black and gold may seem a little “avant garde”, but this look is endlessly classy, traditional, and luxurious. A black and gold room makes a powerful and dramatic statement to any home. Black and Golden as great fashion trend came from catwalks to interior design. Whether you are going for an edgier look or leaning more towards a classic one, you can’t go wrong with mixing these two colors together. It doesn’t seem strange that all women want a little black dress? So shouldn’t a well-balanced room always have something black to ground the space? Why do we hesitate when it comes to black walls? The limestone fireplace, light carpet, decorative mirror and crisp white sconces can balance the darkness of interior. Let’s see how designers took this colour combination and carried it into our interior spaces.
Design Contract gives some tips on how to get the look:
- Use a black couch as the focal point of interior (crocodile embossed leather is super chic now, or use a slip cover). Black corner sofa looks amazing and it’s quite practical too. Add a black coffee table for an extra touch. Also, if you happen to have fireplace in your living room, paint it black!
- Incorporate glass furniture with gold frames. A gold and black Ivy coffe table like this from the Koket, whose construction are wrapped with golden rope along the edges, would be ideal for a Black and Golden interior trend. This black and gold dining room below is quite sophisticated as well. There black is the dominant color with gold accents.
- Use gold pillar candles, vases, table, sculptures, lamps for accessories. For instance, interior where a pair of roman statues greets you in the entry way, leading into the living room.
- Opt for prints. A black and white zig zag carpet, or a zebra hide rug or wallpaper, that gives you a little taste of what’s to come, is trully ispiring.
- Paint walls black or white with a lacquered finish. This is the sexiest kitchen ever. The black lacquer cabinets and walls are totally daring and totally sophisticated. Again, the large windows, white floor, mirrored backsplash and stainless steel make the space harmonious.
Design Contract will continue to share with you fantastic ideas for your office design, interior design, corporate interior design (see article “10 Best hospitality design projects: Restaurant & Bar Design Award Winners” here), commercial interior design, luxury hotel design (see article “Luxury Hotel Design- International Hotel Awards Winner Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow” here), top design events (see article “North America’s Premier Show- Architectural Digest Home Design Show 2014. Best exhibitors”) and best design projects (see article “The 2014 Architectural Digest 100 top talents in architecture and interior design” here). Don’t forget to subscribe this blog and to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google + and Pinterest.