Marc Newson has been described as the most influential designer of his generation. He has worked across a wide range of disciplines, creating everything from furniture and household objects to bicycles and cars, private and commercial aircraft, yachts, various architectural commissions, and signature sculptural pieces for clients across the globe.
Newson designed the Lever House Restaurant & Bar in New York in 2002 and the Canteen, also in New York, in 1999. In 2005 he designed the reception, meeting rooms, and the 6th floor of the Hotel Puerta America in Madrid, where each floor is designed by a world-renowned architect or designer.
He was selected as the artistic director for the 2011 Sydney New Year’s Eve fire work display.
Objects he has designed include:
- MN bicycles for Biomegain 1999
- TrekArt Bike for Lance Armstrong LiveStrong (2009)
- Ford 021Cconcept car for the Ford Motor Company in 1999
- Qantasfirst class lounges in Melbourne and Sydney
- QantasSkybed business class seat and Airbus A380 economy class seat, winner of the 2009 Australian International Design Award of the Year
- Cabin design for the Sky Jet (2007), an airline/rocketship (by EADS Astrium) planning to take passengers into space from 2012.
- RivaAquariva speedboat (announced in 2010, limited edition of 22 units)
- QantasA330 business class suites in 2013
- Cookware for Tefal
- Items for Alessi
- Glass for Iittala
- Clothes for the clothing company G-Star Raw
- Timepieces for freelance companies
- Kelvin 40 concept plane as a personal project
- Pentax K-01 mirrorless interchangeable lens camera (2012)
- Louis Vuitton Celebrating Monogram Backpack (2014)
- Apple Watch Sport, Apple Watch, Apple Watch Edition (2015)
- Decanter design for Hennessy’s new Cognac, James Hennessy (2015)
What do you think of this amazing interior designer that Design Contract had presented to you? Stay tuned on Design Contract for more amazing articles.
Don´t forget and leave your opinion on this article.